Friday, October 15, 2010

WEEK 20 - October 7 - October 13, 2010 - 19 weeks old

This week was all about fun at school. I surprised my teacher, Ms. Audrey, by performing several 360 degree barrel rolls this week! She placed me on my back on the floor and turned around to feed Benjamin, and the next thing she knew, I was on my stomach. Then, the next thing she knew, I was back on my back! We just transitioned all the “big kids” (toddlers) out of the classroom to the toddler rooms down the hall and Ms. Audrey said she was expecting some time with non-mobile kids. I’m trying to keep her on her toes, so I’m working at getting mobile as much as I can!

On my back...

On my front...HEY! What just happened??!

We took several buggy rides this week at school and I’m getting really good at sitting up in the buggy, rather than having to lay back. Also, Wednesday was Parent’s Night and Mommy and Daddy took me to school to learn more about what I do during the day and how I learn. Ms. Audrey and Ms. Kathy and Ms. Elsa talked about how we focus on sensory activities, motor activities, social activities, and language activities to prepare us for the “big kids” classroom – Toddlers! I got to work with a sensory/motor activity as a demonstration – we rolled corncobs in glitter paint and did an art project with them that night. Mommy helped me. I got pretty yellow and green glitter paint all over both of us! We also got to see Aunt Rachel, Uncle Jimmy and Madison. Her classroom is just four doors down from mine and so we went to see it and meet her teacher, Ms. Shannon. When I get big, I want to go play in that classroom! Here is a picture of my pumpkin art making-skills that I talked about a couple of weeks ago. Mommy and Daddy got to see the finished product at Parent's Night:

Mommy and Daddy have been working hard on my eating techniques. I’m getting to taste new things and learning a little more about how my tongue works. I’ve determined that I LOVE sweet potatoes. I get so excited for those sweet potatoes! I jump and laugh and giggle and talk. It makes Mommy laugh. We also have just tried carrots and I’m not quite as excited by them, but I do like them. I was heading down the “days without poo” path, so Mommy gave me some prune juice, rather than prunes. I actually find I like this a lot better than either apple or grape juice! What I can say is that sweet potatoes, carrots and prune juice all make for really pretty spit up…I am learning to color my burp cloths quite nicely! :)  Here you can watch me eating my sweet potatoes!

We had some wonderful people over last weekend and were busy, busy, busy both days. On Saturday, we had dinner with Camille and with BJ, Mary Ann, Garrett and Malcolm Burns. Malcolm tried to show me how to use our Wii…he’s 3 and is a bowling champion! On Sunday, Aunt Kim, Uncle Paul, Aunt Rachel and Aunt Sarah all came over for dinner. I got to demonstrate my sweet-potato-eating skills and show off a little for them. I sure do love them…they’re all so snuggly!

No comments:

Post a Comment