Friday, October 15, 2010

WEEK 16 – September 9 – September 15, 2010 – 15 weeks old

We’re back in WA and its MUCH cooler (temperature-wise at least!) than the east coast. This week has been filled with all kinds of changes and preparation for Mommy going back to work next week on Sept 20. At the beginning of the week, I got to see Ms. Colleen again. She was actually very impressed with how well I can hold my head up and how strong my stomach muscles are getting. Even though Mommy was afraid we didn’t do enough during vacation, Ms. Colleen said I had been doing fantastic! Some of the things we played were pushing up on my arms, the horsey game (it makes my belly muscles work hard!), and Ms. Colleen said I should not push back when trying to sit up because I'm over-compensating. Mom says we're gonna work on that (yikes!). We played for almost an hour before I got fussy and Ms. Colleen said that 45 minutes was really great for a baby of my age. Mommy and Daddy were so proud.

The big news this week was that I started to sleep in my own big girl bed in my own room (a crib), rather than the bassinet in Mommy and Daddy’s room. Actually, it was harder for Mommy than it was for me (she didn’t sleep so well the first few days)! I sleep really well in my big girl bed…through the night and usually 10 – 11 hours a night (from 7:30 or 8 p.m. to 5:30 or 6:00 a.m.!!)…because I can spread out. I love to sleep with my arms outstretched.

As a reward for my big girl status, Mommy and Daddy and Sissy took me to brunch! Actually, it was Sissy’s last Sunday morning at home for a few weeks, as she leaves for school next weekend. At brunch at Jay Berry’s Café here in Renton, the owner commented about how totally adorable I am (and my parents agree!)…every other week when we go in there, she says how big I’ve gotten and how cute I am…my parents think I’m pretty much a rock star wherever I go!

I also learned how to sit in my jumper seat this week. Uncles Kevinommy gave it to me before I was born and it’s taken until now for me to hold my head up strong enough to be able to sit in it. I LOVE to sit in it and play with all the spinny and hangy things on it. I also love to sit in it and watch my Baby Einstein videos! The music almost always puts me to sleep, even though I’m sitting up. I can’t wait until my toes can actually touch the ground!

I had some pretty fantastic visits this week… I went to work with Mommy for half a day. She had some meetings and I was pretty good, though I did start talking part of the way through her first meeting and continued until the end of the third meeting! I also got to go spend some time with Kayla and Ms. Holly. We went to lunch and did some shopping. Kayla and I were pretty good – we pretty much slept through lunch so Mommy and Ms. Holly got to actually eat! Mommy did learn a lesson about strollers on this outing, though. The lesson? Always ensure there is a stroller in the car! She had forgotten to put one back in the car after our trip to NY, so she ended up having to carry me around the mall for 3 hours. That said, Mommy had a great time and hopes we can all go shopping again.

One of my biggest days this week was when I went to school for the first time to start to get acclimated to everything. I met Ms. Audrey (my teacher) and met some of my classmates (Benjamin, Christopher, Uma and Lola) and found out that when one of them starts crying, ALL of them start crying. Mom is hoping I don’t pick up on that (so is Ms. Audrey!), but I was really good and didn’t cry. We all went for a buggy ride around the facility. Though all the other kids were finally silent, I talked my way through the ride. I told Ms. Audrey about the fishes in the front lobby, about the play castle in the two-year-old hall, and about the car-seat area near the infant hall…I had her laughing by the end because I was so loquacious and everyone else was just sitting and watching! Mommy left with Ms. Audrey saying how much she can’t wait for me to join the class. I know Mommy is going to be sad to leave me, but I think I’m going to like it in my class a lot!

Mommy and I also made more baby food this week. Though I’m not ready to taste it, our garden is ready for Mommy to make it! Mommy says I’m going to really love all the things she’s made. (At least she hopes so!) We made baby food carrots, zucchini, and a tomato-potato-green bean soup. I hope I like all this stuff because Mommy made a lot of it!

The hardest part of my week was that my oldest dog, Jesse, was really sick. Mommy and Daddy took her to the veterinarian (and I got to go too!) because she had a really high fever and was so sick she couldn’t walk. After a couple of days of her being in the hospital and a lot of fluids, the vet couldn’t tell us what was wrong, but Jesse was better and they let her come home. I don’t like when she’s gone…none of the dogs lick my hands when Jesse doesn’t show them the way!

All in all, this week has been really focused on me getting ready for school. That said, I still met some new folks. This week I met Ms. Ettie and Mr. Dave. They came over for dessert one night and I had such a nice time with them. They were so nice and brought me some fun socks and a toy elephant that I LOVE. I felt a little bad because I puked on Mr. Dave’s shirt (sorry, but he didn’t seem to mind too much). But I didn’t on Ms. Ettie. She is a daycare worker and she really knows how to play with babies! I’m looking forward to next week when I actually get to branch out on my own at school during the day. (Mommy is very nervous about this! Please wish her well…off I go to daycare!)

No comments:

Post a Comment