Monday, January 30, 2012

Weeks Apart and Times of Travel: January 23-29, 2012

Kaetlyn's Thoughts
I'm 20 months old this week!  Mommy and Daddy say I'm a big girl now!  I've been talking more and more and love to say "Hi" and "Bye Bye" (which sounds like "Da Dye") and "Done" (for "all done").  I am consistently signing "shoe" (you know I love my shoes!) and am very good at doing the hand movements for Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, The Itsy Bitsy Spider, and The Wheels On The Bus (SUCH great music!).

This week was a little different than most.  My Mommy went out of town to New York with BSG and I got to spend the week with just my Daddy.
Daddy and Kaetlyn

We had a lot of fun even without Mommy and BSG.  Daddy taught me to:
Watch the State of the Union address...whether you like the guy or not, Daddy says it's good to learn about what's going on with our country.
Read lots and lots of books...I LOOOOVE books!
And make silly faces at the camera so we could send pictures to Mommy!
I got to eat *real* spaghetti - and I even got some in my belly!
And I got to have lots of baths because, well, a girl has to stay clean!
Overall, it was a really good week.  I was only fussy in the evenings and Daddy even got me going on the "put yourself to sleep by yourself, Kaet" plan.  I'm not a HUGE fan of this plan, but I'm learning!

I was a big helpful helper at school this week too.  I help Mrs. Linda put all my friends down for their naps before I go take my nap.  I sit in her lap and help her pat my friends on their backs.  Mrs. Linda says I'm a VERY big help to her with that!  Also, this week I tried to help with wiping my friends' noses.  First, I got a tissue, then I walked over to Christopher to wipe his nose.  He wasn't interested!  So, I walked over to Conner to wipe his nose.  He wasn't interested!  So, I walked over to Avery to wipe her nose.  What do you know?  She wasn't interested!
Trying to capture Christopher to wipe his nose...
So...I resorted to using the tissue to wipe up the table in the classroom.  All that good help with nose wiping...gone to waste...at least I didn't waste those tissues!
Wiping the table...
In other news, I got my very first molar this week!  Mommy found it when she got home.  Guess that explains why I've been a little bit grouchy!

I was really happy to see Mommy and Baby Sister Grace when they got home.  I missed them and I *know* they missed me!
Kissing my BSG...
Love my little sister!

Grace's Perspective
I'm 5 months old this week!  My, oh my...how time flies!  And what a big week we had this week...I went to New York with my Mommy, which means I got to travel on an AIRPLANE and I got to meet lots and lots of friends and family back east.  We went back to celebrate the life of my Great-Aunt Val.  She had an impact on so very many people that it was like a big reunion of sorts to celebrate her.

So, I got to meet:
My Great-Aunt Nancy (and Uncle Bob!)
Cousins Abby and Livvy (and Emma!)
Abby holding Gracie
Cousin Rhi (Abby and Livvy's Mama)
Great-Uncle Bob (Great-Aunt Val's husband)
Aunt Kristin - Aunt Val's daughter - (note the baby bump...that's my cousin "Baby Smith" in there!) :)
Uncle Ronald - Baby Smith's Daddy- he was pretty much my favorite.  I ADORE him!
Uncle Ronald helping Cousin Nicky hold me!
Cousin Maddy holding me
Cousin Jodi is cuddly!
Cousin Nisey and Great-Uncle Doug!
I was a really good girl on most of our flights and Mommy even made me my very own "seat" on the flight home.  I did have some ear issues that flight, so it wasn't so pleasant for our neighbors the last 30 minutes or so, but other than that, I was a REALLY good baby!
Gracie in her "seat" on the plane
In other big news, when we got home, I showed Mommy and Daddy that I know how to "scooch!"  Mommy set me down in one place, and 3 minutes later, turned around and I was halfway across the room - backwards!  I'm getting ready to move, people.  Just you watch out!

It was really nice to get home and see my Daddy.  I missed him lots.  Plus, I got to play with my Big Sister Kaet.  She's so much fun!

Mommy was really, really happy to be with so much of her family in New York, but was also really, really happy to have her family back together here at home :)
Gracie, Mommy, Kaety

2 comments:

  1. LOvE the pictures to cute! going to sleep on your own is WAY overrated! looks like the trip was awesome...you house is about to get really with 2 little girls running around! smiles

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete