Monday, October 17, 2011

Visiting with Sissy, Signing Time! - October 8 - 14, 2011

Kaetlyn's Thoughts

I've had a really, really great week.  I was playing like crazy AND my Sissy came to see us this past weekend!  (She is my favorite person in the world.  Truly.  She is!)

I have been working hard on milestones this week and playing hard!  I've found the dog bed in the dining room and I LOVE TO PLAY IN IT!  Mommy and Daddy cannot figure out why, but basically, it's like a kids' couch.  Who wouldn't want that?!


Look at this "Kid's Couch"...Stylin' isn't it?  (I chased Kaia out before this picture!)


Isn't this funny!?!  I am SUCH a ham!
As part of my forays into playing in the dogs' bed, as well as to help Mommy and Daddy scold the dogs or call them to go outside, I've said my first words!  They are (are you ready for this?!)... "KAIA!"  "ELLIOTT!"  Mommy says it sounds like "Aya, Ehyyahd", but it's pretty distinct if you ask me.  And I like to say that, then follow it with some serious scolding and finger pointing.  Mommy thinks maybe she and Daddy have scolded or called to the dogs a wee bit too much because I'm definitely emulating them!  She's going to try to get some video in the next week or two.  It's quite funny.

Speaking of "talking", I'm really starting to get the hang of this signing thing.  Ms. Erin was VERY impressed at therapy this week when I said, "More Eat" and signed "Baby", then picked up my baby doll!
Signing "More"

"Baby"
I've been working on walking a lot, both on my own and going for a stroll with my dogs and my Baby Sister Grace and my parents.  I LOVE to go out for walks...

Happiest Girl on Earth!
I've also been practicing walking on my own and I have to tell you, I took several steps multiple times ON MY OWN!  Mommy and Daddy have started to play the "Walk to Mommy; Walk to Daddy" game with me and I'm REALLY getting good at it.  I can go 2-3 steps on my own (though I'm not even really aware of doing it!).

The most important thing that happened this week was that my Sissy came home to see me.  We had SUCH fun playing.  She really is the best person on Earth and I love her lots and lots and lots. I wasn't entirely thrilled with the fact that she played with Baby Sister Grace as well, but I guess I'm going to have to learn to share... 

Sissy and me...she loves me :)

Sisters

Grace's Perspective

Well, the big news this week is...I LOVE TO SMILE!  Early in the week, I decided to shower my smiles (and even a giggle or two) upon Mommy and Daddy and they think that I am pretty spectacular because of it!  I find lots of things worth smiling about:  Mommy looking at me, Daddy kissing my nose, my Big Sister Kaet patting my head.  It's all new and exciting and I have a FANTASTIC smile!

Though I like to smile, I still like to sleep...A LOT.  Unfortunately for Mommy and Daddy, most of my sleeping seems to be during the day, but I'm really trying to sleep at night.  It's just so FUN to be up!
Asleep on Mommy - mid-day!
Unfortunately for Mommy and Daddy (and me!), it looks like I'm going to have some of the same urpage problems my Big Sister Kaet has, as I don't like to burp, but that makes me urp a bit.  So, bathing every night *may* become a part of life. For now, I get a bath every-other night.  I generally like my baths, and I am pretty calm afterward, which is nice for my parents!

I met some really nice folks this week.  My Auntie Jen came and took pictures of me and Big Sister Kaetlyn...we'll hope to share those in the coming weeks.  Also, I FINALLY met my cousins, Heather and Paul.  They are really, really nice and very snuggly!

Heather and Gracie
And most importantly this week, Sissy came to visit.  She is wonderful and beautiful and I can't wait to get to know her better!!!

Sissy and me

No comments:

Post a Comment