Tuesday, July 5, 2011

At 13 months: Remodeling, Driving Around, Photo Shoots and Flying! - June 25-July 1, 2011

Yay for me...I'm 13 months!

I AM 13 MONTHS OLD!  My parents cannot believe that it's already been a month since I turned one, but it has!  I had an INCREDIBLY busy week this past week.  We had lots of visitors and lots of fun and ended the week in a completely different state than we started...but more on that later.

 As I mentioned in my previous post, I'm becoming a kitchen aficionado.  In fact, I'm so comfortable in the kitchen, I've spent several days this week trying to help Mommy remodel her cabinet space...

Step 1:  Remove all items from cabinet; commence banging and yelling at items.

Step 2:  Reach deep within cabinets; it's handy to use one's legs to propel one deep into the depths of the cabinet.

Step 3:  Sometimes you have to really get into the cabinet and be one with it to do remodeling...

Step 4:  Show Mommy when it's empty.  Look how helpful I can be!

In addition to cabinet remodeling, I was extremely helpful with getting the furniture into BSG's room.  Mommy and Daddy had to buy all new furniture for BSG, since I'm still using mine, and don't intend to give it up anytime soon.  The most fun part of this "remodel" was the boxes in which the furniture came.  We're talking HUGE boxes.  I wanted to build a big fort, but instead, I just played inside with my Mommy (I told you they were big boxes...)!

Mommy and Me inside BSG's dresser box...
Later the day of putting BSG's room together, I went on a grand adventure in my car from my Aunties Liz and Jacqui.  Mommy took me to get the mail in my fancy car!  I absolutely LOVE my car, as I'm sure I've previously mentioned, but it's even more fun when we use it outdoors.  After getting the mail, we can go for a walk around the cul-de-sac, or go frolicking in the backyard.  There's so much to DO in this car.  And when it stops moving, I just jump up and down and scooch back and forth, talking to it until it magically starts moving again.  Mommy says I'm funny. :)
On the way back from the mailbox...

You can't tell, but I'm doing the "move the car along" bounce in this shot as we explore the back yard.
The day after our big box adventure, Mommy and Daddy took me back to the park (that's three weekends in a row...WHOO HOO!) for my 1-year pictures with Ms. Nathania.  She's been the one taking my pictures every few months since I was 12 hours old!  I'm sure Mommy will let me share some of them with you when we get them back in a few weeks, but Mommy did manage to snap the picture below of Daddy and me on a park bench waiting for Nathania to switch out camera lenses.  Have I mentioned I love the park?! :)

That afternoon when we got home, I was so ready to go-go-go that I did something Mommy NEVER thought would happen this early...I climbed the WHOLE staircase - all 20 stairs!  It took me about 3 minutes, but I went all the way from the bottom to the top and then all over upstairs (looking for BSG's big box, which was nowhere to be found :( ).  I then went back to the stairs to see if I could go back down, but it looked pretty far, so I asked Mommy to carry me.  (She thought that was very wise!)  Unfortunately, she was so unprepared for the event, there was no video or pictures taken.  We'll try to capture that in the next few weeks!

We had lots of visitors this week too.  Auntie Rachel came over to babysit me so Mommy and Daddy could go out to dinner for their birthdays at a "big people" restaurant.  And then the next day, Mommy's second cousin once-removed, Bron, and his wife, Hannah, came to visit for dinner (they live in New York!).  Unfortunately, I was in the process of coming down with a cold, so I wasn't as entertaining as I sometimes am, but they said they'd forgive me.  Also, Mommy AGAIN forgot to get pictures, so we'll have to have everyone come back!

And now for the big news...this week ended with us in a different state!  We flew overnight to New York.  I haven't been here since I was 3 months old!  Mommy's cousin, Saralyn, is getting married to the nicest guy and so we came to see her and lots of other family and friends.  I really enjoyed the flight...as you can see...

...but after an overnight flight, I was VERY happy to get off the plane!

I got to visit with lots of family and friends the very first day, and spend some time with my friend, Emma, who is chromosomally enhanced much like myself.  I haven't seen Emma since she was born the very second day of her life...she's gotten a LOT bigger and she is SO sweet.  (I also think her older her twin sisters are VERY sassy & funny!)
Daddy and Ms. Emma

Kaety and Emma-bean
Conversing with my friend Emma, while Ms. Amanda holds me and Emma's Mommy, Rhiannon holds her.

I'll write more about the adventures of my trip and all the wonderful people I get to see as well as my first impressions of my new classroom and my transition week into Mrs. Linda's room...Have a GREAT week!


  1. Happy 13 mo!! that car ROCKS!! to fun...so great you had a safe good trip!! busy seems to happen overnight!! love the pix...smiles

  2. She's such a happy girl! I love the pictures of her in the cupboard! So cute!