Sunday, April 24, 2011

WEEK 47 - April 14 - 20, 2011 - 46 weeks old

It's been a busy, busy week and I have become an even busier girl!  I am ALL over the house these days.  I've mastered the "crab crawl" and "bear crawl".  I'm still not thrilled about crawling on all fours, but I'm here to tell you, I can get around FAST with the way I crawl.  I taught the dogs a lesson this week...I can chase them around the island in the kitchen!  It's REALLY fun.  (Side note...the dogs don't seem to think this is as much fun as I do...what's up with that?!)

I learned to help Mommy cook this week.  She gave up on me being "retained" in the family room or in my playpen, so now, with my new "round the house" skills, she has decided it's time for me to learn to "cook".  This also helps keep me from playing in her cabinets (which have yet to be baby-proofed! :)).  I am a BIG fan of the bowl and spoon action.  The bowl can even act as a hat at times.  It's truly fascinating.

This past weekend, I also got to spend time outside doing yard work with my Mommy and Daddy.  Daddy helped me "get around" and Mommy weeded to her heart's content (much to the chagrin of her back and knees!)  I, however, LOVED it.  I loved being outside and getting to watch all the activity!

I'm starting to do lots of new things.  Most notably, I am learning to wave "hi" when people wave at me...I get VERY excited about it...

Also, I'm standing up on EVERYTHING I can get to.  Mommy and Daddy have had to "fall proof" the coffee table in the family room and take all the fun stuff off the middle of it.  Now, I just get to bang on it, but the really neat glass bowl and porcelain coasters have been removed...that's no fun!

This past week I also had a really nice visit from Ms. Colleen & Ms. Donna.  We decided, after the two weeks of intensive therapy and all the changes they've helped me to make, that my therapy will go up from every-other week to every week.  I'll get to go to the CTC for therapy once a month and will get to spend one session a month with Ms. GayLloyd, who is the speech therapist who gave me all the tongue exercises two weeks ago.  I have to admit, it's going to be a lot harder, but Mommy wants to make sure I'm challenged.  I'm starting to really need lots to do...as I said, I'm a BUSY, BUSY girl.  See how nicely I decorated our living room the other day?  What can I say...I am into EVERYTHING!!!
Hurricane Kaety sweeps through the house...

1 comment:

  1. I have never heard of the crab crawl...but it is a PERFECT way to describe Maddie's I have to much in my hand crawl!! and the bear crawl really is so cute and FAST!! outside and cooking...I am not sure life can get any better!! maybe making a HUGE mess...love it!! Happy Spring..smiles

    ReplyDelete