Monday, November 28, 2011

Dr. Visits and Scares, Thanksgiving and BIG Milestones... November 19-25, 2011

Kaetlyn's Thoughts
It's been a week of up's and downs.  As you can see, we got my new school picture, re-takes back, and they rock.  That's an UP!  But...the week started with me feeling really really ickky and having a pretty rough cough.  Mommy and Daddy decided I should go see Dr. P, and guess what?!  Not only did I weigh in at a WHOPPING 26.5 lbs, they found out I had croup!  As if that wasn't exciting enough, while we were in the dr. office, Mommy and Daddy both got calls on their phones from our home alarm company.  It turns out, it looks like someone was breaking into our house while I was at the doctor's!  Daddy left with Gracie, mid-appointment, to head home to meet the police.  The police were gone by the time Daddy got there, but our back door had been ajar when they arrived, AND they were scared off by Kaia and Elliott.  Mommy says they're the best dogs EVER.  Daddy says he's so proud of them!  In any case, nothing was taken, but it was a wee bit stressful...what with my sickly diagnosis and all!
Yeah...I'm a ham.  This guy was FUNNY!

Then, later in the week I had to go BACK to the dr. because I wasn't at all better and was sporting a fever.  We found out I have a double ear infection and sinusitis on top of the croup.  :(  BUT...antibiotics are my friends and by Thanksgiving, I was feeling MUCH better and my fevers were gone.

Mommy, Gracie and Me...Thanksgiving morning
Speaking of Thanksgiving, we had a WONDERFUL one and I hope you did too!  Several great things happened that day.  1)  My family came over, including my awesome Sissy and her boyfriend, Nico.  I love them.  2)  I learned how to use my rocking horse!  I am a ROCKING HORSE RIDER!  I rode my horse, practiced my walking, and generally ate some really good stuff.  I love Thanksgiving!
Sissy and Me

Enjoying Thanksgiving...do you see my newest addition...a TOP tooth!!! :)


Speaking of walking...Mommy's calling it...I'm a Walker!  After Thanksgiving, I started movin' and groovin...I am ALL over the place and I've decided that it's pretty fun.  First, I walked across the living room.  Next, I walked from the living room to the kitchen.  Finally, I walked all around.  I've learned how to use my walking toys and turn them to go where I want.  AND I've learned I don't need them (except when I want to be a speed demon) to get where I want to go.  Mommy and Daddy are so excited!  Heck, I'M excited! :) 


I hope you all had a really nice Thanksgiving.  I know I sure did.

Gracie's Perspective
Me and Aunt Rachel O. at Thanksgiving
My big smile is melting hearts all over town...but the big news is I am talking up a STORM.  I love to talk to Daddy and Mommy and throw in a few smiles while doing it!




Unfortunately, when I had my first school pictures, I didn't smile.  Apparently, the photographer was upset because I wouldn't sit up.  HELLO!  I was 2 1/2 months old!  I don't sit yet!!!  That said, Mommy thinks I still look adorable.  I do, don't I!? :)

My first school picture!
I had my first Thanksgiving this week.  It was pretty cool.  I didn't get to eat any of the yummy smelling food, but I got to help cook (with my Dad) and play with my cousins and my Sissy and, well, that's what it's all about!
Daddy and Gracie...getting ready to cook!
Sissy and Gracie
Also, this week, Mommy got me a Bumbo (via Aunt Rachel L....thanks Aunt Rachel!).  I've started to play and sit in it and I'm really doing better with my head control. 
I am concerned about this new Bumbo thing...
Look at this head control!

Even Big Sister Kaet likes to get in on the action...
Big Sister Kaet watchin' me grow :)
Kaety taking a break from walking with her stroller and baby to show Gracie how sittin' is done...

Watch out world...here I come!
Kaety teaching Gracie about the big ole' world...

1 comment:

  1. OH MY!! a break in that is not fun and VERY scary! glad all is ok!! good pups! so sorry about being sick! that is not sound fun but walking such a ROCKSTAR! love all the pix to cute! love the rocker to much fun! smiles

    ReplyDelete