Sunday, February 13, 2011

WEEK 37 - February 3-9, 2011 - 36 weeks old

I had a really nice week this week playing at school and spending time with Ms. Colleen for therapy.  It was the first time in a month that I got to see her, since the last time I was supposed to see her, I had pinkeye :( 
We had a really nice session where I showed her how much I love to try to pull myself up on Mommy and how much I love to stand.  We worked on me sitting on Ms. Colleen's leg and then standing up because I really like to stand up "straight-legged" (or like the Tin Man, per Ms Audrey :) ).  Ms. Colleen showed Mommy and Ms. Audrey how to work with me to bend my knees and help me start to push up with my knees, not just pull up with my hands.  Ms. Colleen also showed them some things to do to work on crawling.  I am SO good about getting up on all fours and bouncing and at moving backward, but I simply cannot figure out how to move forward!  Mommy and Ms. Audrey and Ms. Elsa are going to work on helping me learn how to coordinate all the things necessary to try to move forward too!

One other thing I've learned how to do this week is to move from my stomach to a sitting position.  It's not very graceful, and I started out by doing it in the tub (much to Mommy's shock).  She hasn't gotten video yet, but I know when she does, you'll be impressed.  Basically, I spread my legs as wide as I can, push with my hands and flip over to my butt.  I'm pretty proud when I do it.  Mommy's trying to work with me on a more graceful and ladylike transition so I don't have to do the splits first.  But for now, I'm pretty happy just to be able to get into a sitting position!
No, I didn't get to this sitting position by myself, but I needed to show you my snazzy jacket, courtesy of Aunt Jacqui!

It may seem strange, but my family is a bunch of procrastinators, so we had Christmas in February with all of Mommy's cousins this week.  Basically that meant that Aunt Kim, Uncle Paul, Auntie Rachel and Auntie Sarah all came over, played games, ate dinner, and then we opened presents.  Auntie Rachel and Auntie Sarah bought me a REALLY COOL dinosaur that I can ride on and learn to walk behind.  His name is Nester.  I adore him!  Here I am sitting on him for the first time...

Also, Mommy got some video of Daddy helping me to go for a ride.  Mostly, I like the lights on Nester's back and I want to chew on his dino spikes.  But I am learning to wiggle my legs and I'll be making him move on my own in no time!


I'm looking forward to next week, as I will get to go play with Ms. Holly and Kayla and, it's my FIRST Valentine's Day.  I hope I get some candy! :)  Have a great week!


No comments:

Post a Comment