Friday, July 6, 2012

Traveling, Visiting, Dr. Visits and FAMILY! June 2012

Kaetlyn's Thoughts
June was an exciting month around here.  Lots of visits with family, LOTS of birthdays, and a few trips to the doctor :(  WARNING:  Tons of pictures and videos...hope you have some time to kill to read this entry!

The month started with a trip to Florida to see my Uncle Connor graduate from High School! 

Connor...HS Graduate...Next stop - UF!

This was my very first trip in a plane in my own seat, but without a car seat.  The verdict:  planes are scary!  I did NOT like having my own seat and Mommy is pretty sure all the people around us knew it too.  As a result, both going and coming back to Seattle were less-than-stellar experiences.  Looks like next time the car seat is a must!
You see this look?  This is the look of a girl not excited to board that plane!
All that said, Florida was mostly EXCELLENT.  I got to see all my Uncles, two Great-Uncles, two Great-Aunts and, of course, my Grampy and Grammy. 
Reading to Great-Uncle John

Grampy & Me
Uncles 3 - Jason, Kevin & Connor
Uncle JJ and me
I love my Great Aunt Nancy
It is obvious to everyone that I am a water baby, as it was hard to keep me out of the pool!  Fortunately, lots of family members were there to help me out.
Peek-a-boo!
Water Baby!

Great Aunt Nancy and Kaet Poolside
Uncle Kevin and me in the pool
AAAAHHHHH!

TOO. MUCH. FUN!
Yes.  I love this.  I REALLY REALLY do!


Day two of pool time...hangin' w/ my Grampy
All tuckered out on my Grammy
Snack time poolside
I love my Uncle Kevin.  He rocks.

In addition to the pool, we got to spend a day at the beach and I have to say, I could really get used to hanging out on a beach!
Beach babes
Uncle Kevin and me having a chat...
Florida suits me...
Making a break for the water!

Playing in a pool at the beach with Cousin Lukie.  A pool AND a beach at once!  It doesn't get any better!
Lunchtime with Great Aunt Nancy.  (Note my perfectly puckered lips...now if I could just blow thru them!)
Got her hat!
Unfortunately, the end of the trip was not so great.  I ended up in the Pediatric Urgent Care with Croup and Bronchitis. :(  It was very scary for my parents because it happened so fast.  Thankfully Grammy is a nurse and was able to put the dr. straight and make sure my Mommy kept her wits about her!

After our trip to Florida, we went to see my Sissy's VERY OWN apartment.  It was her birthday while we were in Florida, so we got to take her presents (which I helped open) and play with her for the day.  It was FANTASTIC!
Yay for birthdays!
Birthday girl...
I love my Sissy.  I love my Sissy.  I LOVE my Sissy!
And she loves me! :)
Sissy has a really fun apartment that you can run around in a big circle in.  We showed her how to do it, Gracie, Daddy and me...



I discovered a new friend this month, who I really like.  His name is Barney and he is a purple dinosaur!  Mom isn't sure she likes him a whole lot, but he makes me smile!

I had my 2-year old dr. appointment this month (among other appointments to deal with croup fallout, like pneumonia...TWICE, but we won't dwell on that!).  Dr. P. pronounced me VERY healthy - 29 lbs, 35" high, and extremely curious!  Mommy told Dr. P how helpful I am around the house and what a good big sister I'm turning out to be.  Dr. P was very proud!



Later in the month was Father's Day.  Gracie and I got to hang out all day with my Dad.  He's pretty awesome.

At school, I spent time reading books and playing in the sensory table, plus I got to see my Baby Sister Grace at school a lot.  The teachers make sure we get to play together!
Reading at school
Sensory table fun!
Visiting with BSG while she takes a buggy ride
Mommy's been considering making my bed a Toddler bed, but I am still ALL OVER when I sleep.  I tried out my friend, Madison's bed at her house when we went for her 3 birthday.  I really thought it was cool and liked bouncing on it. 
Testing out Madison's bed

But we've decided to keep my crib going for now...so I can burrow in!





June was pretty cold and rainy here.  It's not July 4th yet, and in Seattle, summer doesn't come before then.  That said, we did get out some and I got to try my new bike out in the driveway!  I'm still a bit short for it, but I REALLY enjoyed riding on it!! :)
Biker Babe!

Looking forward to summer arriving here so we can play in water and ride bikes!!!

Gracie's Perspective
I loved going to Florida to visit all my aunts, uncles and grandparents.  I got to meet my Great-Uncle John and Great-Aunt Ro, my Uncles Tommy, Jason & Connor, and hang out near a pool! 

Grampy and me
Hangin' with my Great Aunt Nancy
Sleepin' on my Great-Uncle Bob

Readin' books with Uncle Kevin
All gussied up with Uncle Kevin
I have to say, I like water, but wasn't quite as sure about it as my Big Sister Kaet.  That said, I did get a few good swims in, followed by a few good naps, which does a baby good!
Pool Gracie!
Our day at the beach was wonderful.  I ate very little sand, and played a LOT.  I think I could live on a beach.  I really showed off my skills as a Beach Babe!
Beach Babe Gracie
Hmmmm...sand
Crawlin' on the sand
Lots of toys here!
Big fan of the pool at the beach!
YAY!
THAT was EXHAUSTING!

On our return, we visited Sissy and her house was so much fun!  I sure miss her when she's gone!
Playing at Sissy's
Hee Hee Hee Hee!  Love my Sissy!
Three stooges
My biggest news of the month:  I am WALKING!  Not just a few steps, but full out toddling around the house!  I started with the steps around 9 1/2 months and by my 10 month birthday on June 29, I was walkin' around like a champ!







Here's an even better "show off" video!



At school, we've had lots of fun learning new things and playing.  I showed off my love of water by playing in the cornstarch sensory tub.  I climbed in and out and out and in and really shocked Ms. Audrey at how much I liked it. 
Corn Starch Gracie
We also had a bouncy house day and, not surprisingly, I LOVED the bouncy house.  I like anything that moves...like me! :)
Think I like this much?!
Too much fun!
We've taken a few buggy rides at school and they always seem to end with me asleep.  I do love a good, brisk nap!
Ava and Gracie on a buggy ride
OUT!
What?  I like to nap, OK?!  And look at me...on a cot like a big kid!

I've gotten to spend a lot more time playing with my Big Sister Kaet this month.  We're starting to really get along together.  She loves me and hugs me and sometimes leads me astray...not too often though!  (Isn't that what big sisters are supposed to do?)
My Big Sister Kaet loves me!
Showing me some naughty skills...
BUSTED!
I didn't do anything!!!

Though it's been a bit gray and rainy here, we have gotten out to the park.  Good thing 'cuz I have learned to LOVE the swing!



I can't wait for more sun, park visits and fun!  :)


And just because...my Mom loves my forced laugh!


No comments:

Post a Comment