I got to play with some new toys this week...they are some that Gramma Ward brought me when she came to visit last month. Mommy says they're not "new," as she and Uncle Kevin used to play with them when they were little! Mommy says I have to be supervised at all times with these toys because she's pretty sure they don't pass today's safety standards. But I do have to say that I love them. They make a LOT of noise (which is a good thing) and I can play my own music with them!
There were some big things that happened at school this week too. Mommy and Daddy met with Ms. Audrey and started talking about my pre-transition out of Ms. Audrey's classroom into the Toddler room! I *really* don't want to leave Ms. Audrey, but typically my classmates go down the hall to the big kids room at about one year old. It looks like I'll probably go a little after that, but not too far after, so there are some things I have to do before I move:
- I have to be able to feed myself. - CHECK!
- I have to be able to drink from a sippy cup. - In Progress
- I have to be able to have only one nap a day. - This seems cruel and unusal - taking away naps!?
- I have to be able to sleep on a cot rather than in a crib. - I started this on Tuesday. Ms. Audrey says I'm a natural! :)
- I have to be semi-mobile. - CHECK! (Though I can't crawl forward just yet, I am climbing up on things and am a WHIZ at that backward crawl, scooch and roll!)
I met with Ms. Colleen this week too. She was really impressed by my sitting up skills. We still have a lot to work on for crawling and I still have to do bendy leg exercises, but overall, she says I'm doing really well. Mommy was concerned that maybe we should start speech therapy now, based on some comments made by Dr. P, but Ms. Colleen and Ms. Audrey both said they thought I was verbalizing just fine (in my own way!) and Mommy shouldn't worry just yet! So, we're going to continue to focus on the OT work for now.
This coming week, we're heading to VEGAS, Baby! We're going to meet Uncles Kevin and Tommy and Grammy Chris and Grampa Ward there...I hear there will be some interesting things to see...I'll report more when we get back! Have a GREAT week! :)