Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Milestones Galore! September 3 - September 9, 2011

I have had a STELLAR week.  Not only have we had lots of people here to visit Baby Sister Grace and me, but I've done some AMAZING things this week...I'm flying through some milestones!

This week, I reached down to play with one of my toys that's a ball and promptly stood up and held it out to my Daddy.  Then I realized I was standing up, not holding onto anything, and I had to sit down right away...it was a little scary!!  I repeated this performance 10 or 11 times over the course of the week.  I'm still not standing on my own, but Mommy and Daddy think that my "accidental" standing is a great thing and a sign that I'm ready!

In addition to my standing on my own milestone, I've become much more consistent at signing "More", "Eat", and "All Done".  Mommy and Daddy are working on "Baby" because, well, there's a lot of baby talk around here!  Everytime Baby Sister Grace cries, I have to go over and see her and figure out what is going on.  I then like to sign "More" or "All Done" when she cries.  Mommy thinks "More" is not necessary in that instance!

Also, at school, I've been trying to show Mrs. Linda how I can put my own shoes on!  I like to take my shoes and socks off and play with my shoes (and chew on my socks).  But this week, I tried to put my own shoes on all by myself.  Mrs. Linda was very impressed and told my Daddy and Mommy I was trying to be a big girl!

My Grandma Ward left this week to go home, but my Uncle Kevin came to visit.  He spent a lot of time learning about diapering and snuggling and playing with me and Baby Sister Grace.  I love my Uncle Kevin!

Uncle Kevin & Gracie
While Uncle Kevin was here, the weather was FANTASTIC, so I got to play in my pool in the back yard.  I LOOOVE my pool and splashing water.  It was SO MUCH FUN!
Splashing around in my pool

Pool toys are yummy


In other news, I spent a LOT of time playing this week.  At school, I tried to push a grocery cart.  I'm still not wild about walking behind a walking toy (it's scary!), but I'm starting to get a little more interested in them!
Shopping cart at school
I also spent a lot of time playing with my Baby Sister and trying to get used to her.  She's not so bad, I'm finding out!!
Mommy, Gracie and Me...out for a walk.

Gracie after a hard day :)

2 comments:

  1. AWESOME!! standing is huge news...think of the muscles you are strengthening! we love the "more" sign...Maddie uses it for everything! Gracie is so sweet hope you are giving lots of hugs n kisses! smiles

    ReplyDelete